Our Chiropodist Robin Crawley is now in on Saturdays to care for your feet!
What Does a Chiropodist / Podiatrist Do?
Most of the care a Podiatrist provides for a patient involves one or more the following:
- Relief of pain from foot deformities, injuries and wounds.
- Biomechanics – treating mechanical problems of the foot and lower limb such as Plantar Fasciitis.
- Prescription and provision of orthoses (specialist insoles) to re-align foot or leg imbalances. This often involves treating specific patient groups such as athletes with sports injuries or people who spend many hours on their feet because of their jobs.
- Nail surgery using local anaesthetics for ingrowing and problem toenails.
- Preventative care for people with specific conditions which may affect their foot health such as patients with diabetes, poor circulation and various forms of arthritis including rheumatoid and osteoarthritis and gout.
- Patients with diabetes require special care as they are at an increased risk of developing problems such as skin infections and circulatory disorders.
- Recognition of systemic medical conditions which may first manifest themselves within the foot and alleviation of the effects of these disorders such as inflammation or ulceration
- Treatment of verrucae (warts of the foot), fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, sweaty feet, heel pain, corns, callous, chilblains and aging feet.
To book your appointment with Robin Crawley or for more information, call our friendly team: